Data privacy and security: how to convert risk into revenue opportunities?
Corum - Montpellier
Data are already at the core of tomorrow’s business models, and managing them is already a central issue for both the consumer and the industrial worlds. This forum will provide an opportunity to answer the many questions being raised about data collection, and will explore the promises of the utilisation of data from Big Data: will it equal big value?
- Samuel ROPERT, Head of IoT practice, IDATE DigiWorld
- David VASQUEZ, IoT Evangelist, Verizon Entreprise Solutions
Industrial assets will be optimised through the development of the smart factory concept, by implementing new manufacturing practices that take advantage of ICT innovations. This goes well beyond the introduction of new technologies in the production process. The underlying principle is to increase interconnection and integration of the different ICT-enabled components in a single networked system. The trend is being hailed as the fourth industrial revolution, one that will have significant and lasting effects on society as a whole.
- Deep shift in terms of industrial processes or gradual innovation?
- Which industries are leading the way? What are some key deployments?
- A long-term strategic investment in a highly competitive market?
Moderator: Pierre METIVIER, Founder, NET-7 Innovation
- Frédéric de MONT-SERRAT, Telecom Partnership Manager, Matooma
The integration of the Internet of Things in various verticals will also enable the supply of innovative products and services. As more objects become “connected”, new services could emerge thanks to that connectivity (remote control applications) along with value-added services enabled by the data these objects generate. These services will also transform the customer relationship paradigm, from purchasing a product (transactional relationship) to a recurring relationship between suppliers and customers.
- Services: source of additional revenue and/or bundled with an innovative product?
- Towards a new customer-centric relationship paradigm?
Moderated by: Olivier CARMONA, Director of Business Development, AwoX
- Luc JULIA, Vice President of Innovation, Strategy and Innovation Center, Samsung Electronics