How to invest in a convergent world?
Corum - Montpellier
At a time when more and more 5G trials are being conducted, the “convergence vs. complement” relationship between superfast mobile and fixed fibre systems is very much on the agenda, for both operators and public authorities.
What lessons can we learn from telcos leading the way in FTTH rollouts? What will the advent of superfast mobile change for FTTH plans? What synergies are possible between fixed and mobile superfast access? What is the takeaway from the sharing agreements between operators designed to maximise FTTH coverage?
Moderator : Frédéric ASTIER, Managing Director CMT, EALA, Accenture
- Bob WHITMAN, VP Market Development, Carrier Networks, Corning Optical Communications.
- Olivier DUROYON, Director Government Segment and Public Sector, Nokia
- Michel BIURRUN, CTO Orange global account, Ericsson
- Julien POIRRIER, Senior Marketing Manager, Huawei
- Cedric LEVASSEUR, Network Chief Architect, Bouygues Telecom
New government schemes are being rolled out in Europe to take into account the EC’s ambition to achieve “Connectivity for a European Gigabit society”. Do we need to increase government budgets for bringing fibre coverage to sparsely populated areas? Should we be concerned that 5G will usher in new disparities? Or, on the contrary, should we see it as a solution that can enable faster and broader access to superfast connections?
Moderator: Pierre-Michel ATTALI, Director of the Digital Territories Unit, IDATE DigiWorld
- Arnaud LUCAUSSY, General Secretary, TDF
- Franck SIEGRIST, Chef du service Aménagement et Usages Numériques, Région Grand Est
- Cyril LUNEAU, Directeur collectivités locales, Orange
- Lionel RECORBET, CEO, SFR Collectivités
Cristoforo MORANDINI, EVP Regulatory Affairs and Equivalence, Telecom Italia