5G outlook and verticals
2:00 - 4:00pm
Corum - Montpellier
Starting with a look at the major developments we are expecting from 5G, and the technological disruptions in its wake, this forum will be a chance to debate what role telcos and verticals will play in this new landscape. In particular, it will explore what telcos will bring to the table aside from connectivity, and assess the market potential of verticals in this new environment.
- Frédéric PUJOL, Head of Radio Technologies & Spectrum Practice, IDATE DigiWorld
European operators are betting upon new machine type communications markets for 5G whereas USA, Japan and South Korea seem to bet on enhanced mobile broadband services. What should be the priorities for early 5G services? Which evolutions of the value chain?
- Laurent FOURNIER, Senior Director Business Development and Country, Qualcomm
Could vertical sectors (eHealth, automotive, Energy, factory of the future, media and entertainment, public safety, agriculture…) fuel machine type communication 5G subscriptions?
The purpose of this roundtable is to understand what impact 5G will have on vertical markets, by exploring three key questions:
- What real changes will 5G bring and what are the expected disruptions in the 10 years to come?
- How will 5G change verticals’ business models?
- How will mobile market and vertical market players position themselves in this new landscape?
Moderated by: Jean-Pierre BIENAIME, Secretary General, 5G Infrastructure Association
- Gilles BREGANT, CEO, ANFR
- David GUTIERREZ ESTEVEZ, Senior 5G Researcher, Standards & Industrial Affairs, Samsung Electronics
- Jean-Louis MOUNIER, Industrial Director, TDF
- Agnès SALVATORI, ADS Space Systems Telecom - Key Account Manager for EU affairs, Airbus
- Arnauld TAFFIN, Network Products Director, Ericsson
- Terje TJELTA, Senior Research Scientist, Telenor, Facilitator WG 5G Spectrum, 5G PPP