Head of Business Consulting in European CSD, Huawei
Mr. Horst Peiffer is a Senior Solution Manager at Huawei with a main focus on operator business cases for new technologies and strategic business consulting. Mr. Peiffer has a more than seventeen years international experience of mobile markets through various projects with leading European operators. Currently he is serving as the Head of Business Consulting in Huawei’s European Carrier Solutions Department, based in Düsseldorf, Germany.
Recent project examples are:
- Strategic presales consulting projects for fixed broadband video solutions
- Business Case development for various mobile broadband (LTE) roll-out projects and strategic advice to market new-comers
- Development of a strategic options portfolio for Germany’s mobile operators after the frequency auction for the digital dividend in May 2010.
- Business case assessment for a joint venture between Huawei and a UK infrastructure provider aiming at applying a BOOT business model for the first time in the European history of Huawei
- Program management for the roll-out and acceptance of a public safety network in Germany (core network part)
- Program management for the OSS integration of a multi-service platform performance measurement system
- Transfer of an entertainment IPTV portfolio into a mobile service portfolio
- Business development for an IPTV infrastructure project
- Business case development for Mobile TV services delivered via different technologies (DVB-H / DMB, 3G/MBMS, Unicast)
- HSDPA business case verifications with various mobile operators in Germany, Switzerland, and The Netherlands
- Set-up and establishment of a Field Maintenance Services company in Benelux, Germany, and Switzerland
Before joining Huawei, Mr. Peiffer worked for a Swedish Telecommunications Supplier and a German mobile operator. He is fluent in German and English.