Member of the Executive Board
Françoise Benhamou holds degrees in social sciences and economics.
– 1979-82: Professor of Social and Economic Sciences – Ecole normale supérieure de Saint Cloud (training college), François 1er secondary school;
– 1983-1991: Senior lecturer, Université de Paris X Nanterre, and Ecole normale supérieure de la rue d’Ulm;
– 1991-93: Technical advisor to the Minister of Culture, in charge of public reading policy, then Secretary-General of the Bibliothèque nationale des arts (National art library);
– 1993-2000: Senior lecturer, Université de Paris X Nanterre;
– 2001: University professor at the Université de Rouen, then at Université Paris 13;
– 2009-2010: Vice-president of the Université Paris 13; researcher at CEPN (Centre for economic research, Paris Nord) and at CRG (polytechnic).
François Benhamou also teaches at the school of Political Science in Paris, at the Institut National de l’Audiovisuel (National media institute) and the Institut National du patrimoine (National heritage institute).
Other positions held
– Member of the Cercle des Economistes (economic think tank);
– Jury member for Investissements d’avenir (Investing in the future); Scientific and technical culture and equal opportunity;
– Chairwoman of the ACEI (Association for Cultural Economics International);
– Member of the Editorial committee, Esprit;
– Member of the Steering committee, Fondation Jean Jaurès;
– Member of the Board of Directors and the Advisory Board of the Louvre;
– Member of the Higher Council on Literary and Artistic Property;
– Member of the Advisory Board of the National heritage institute;
– Member of the Programme Advisory Committee for TV channel ARTE;
– Member of the Steering committee for the National Centre for Variety and Jazz;
– Member of the Cinema Expert Group, European Commission (DG Education and culture).
Françoise Benhamou is the author of numerous articles, books, chapters of books and reports on cultural, media and digital economics.